How to build an application in Excel VBA using the UserForm form
In the last part of the course we will deal with the creation of a short application using the form. As in the case of the previous application, we should write down the basic requirements based on which our application will operate::
- Our goal is to build a simple application for converting net prices into gross and vice versa.
- The application should have 3 MultiPage tabs with the names Netto on Gross, Gross on Net, About the Program
- The ComboBox Combo box should be used to choose the VAT rate . You can choose from 5%, 8%, 23%
- The application should display both the initial price and the result in the TextBox fields
- The conversion should take place after pressing the CommandButton “Recalculate” button
- The form should run when opening an Excel file
- In the “About program” tab, a short description of the application should be inserted
Start writing the program using the UserForm form
At the very beginning, create an Excel file named Forumularz_userform_kalkulator_brutto_netto.xlsm . The whole should be saved as an Excel workbook with macro support, ie an extension of .xlsm. Enter the VisualBasic Editor , select the UserForm form from the insert tab. In our Project window should appear a new object named UserForm1. We would like our form to run when opening an Excel file. From the objects in the Project window, select the code of the Ten_skortoszyt object . We enter the following code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open() UserForm1.Show End Sub
To check the operation of our form every time after making changes in it, we should enter the UserForm1 object, and then press the F5 key . At the end, we enter the properties of our form. We edit the Caption field by entering the phrase ” VAT Application “.