1. CSng VBA Function – Description
The CSng VBA function returns a value with the Single data type . It is a number between -3.402823e38 and 1.401298e45 . The Single data type is 4 bytes in memory. We usually use functions when we want our data to be more efficient. Using functions for numbers out of range or for non-numeric data will return an error. This function can be used to convert a floating point number written with a comma, not a period, to a floating point number recognized by VBA. The function also converts text to number.
2. VBA CSng Function – Syntax
CSng (Expression) As Single
Expression : Any number between -3.402823e38 and 1.401298e45 stored in any data type (including String).
Function return : Single / A floating point number ranging from -3.402823e38 to 1.401298e45.
3. VBA CSng function – Example
How to use CSng function in VBA Excel? Below are examples of using the CSng function in the VisualBasic Editor.
Example 1: Conversion to the Single type. CSng – function example.
Dim strValue As String strValue = "123.12" MsgBox CSng (strValue) / 100
Example 2: Converting to the Single type. VBA CSng – an example of a function.
Dim strValue As String strValue = "1233.12" Range ("A1") = CSng (strValue) * 5
4. VB CSng function – Additional information
- The function used for numbers outside the range -3.402823e38 through 1.401298e45 will return an error.
- This function can be used to convert a floating point number written with a comma, not a period, to a floating point number recognized by VBA.
5. CSng VisualBasic function – Where to use?
The function can be used in: Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016.
The article is part of the VBA Excel function list. You can find a list of all VBA functions at this address: VBA functions .